10 Freshwater Aquarium Fish Easy Care For Beginner
Like 4 Dislike 0 Published on 14 Jul 2018
Freshwater Aquarium Fish Easy Care For Beginner is most important for you if this is your first ever home aquarium, and you have never kept fish before, then this video is going to be the best possible starting point.
We have conjured up a list of 10 freshwater fish for aquarium, that are perfect for both beginners, and advanced fishkeepers alike.
1. Betta Fish - The Betta Fish is a very beautiful and vies with the highly favored Guppy. They grow to a maximum size of 3 inches.
Male Bettas are notoriously aggressive towards other males. Therefore only one male Betta should be kept in each aquarium.
Bettas are carnivores, but will eat flake food along with freeze dried and live foods. You’re able to buy commercial Betta foods.
2. Guppy Fish - Also known as Millions Fish, are an all-time favorite of both beginning and experienced fish keepers.
This colorful and lively fish is able to adapt to a variety of water conditions which is one of the reasons they are so popular.
Males are typically 1.5–3.5 cm (0.6–1.4 in) long, while females are 3–6 cm (1.2–2.4 in) long. The male fish body is elongated, thin and a bit flattened from sides.
3. Swordtail fish - The swordtail is a small fresh water fish, native to Central and North America.
One of the most famous and spread tank fishes. In general this fish is quite peaceful and it can inhabit in a common tank.
Females are larger, reaching up to 6.3 inches (16 cm) in length while the males are somewhat smaller at 5.5 inches (14 cm).
4. Molly Fish - Mollies are one of those most popular fish in the aquarium hobby. First introduced to aquarium hobbiests in 1899.
The fish has an elongated body a bit flattened from sides. Its eyes and upward mouth are relatively large.
In aquariums, males will reach around 3 inches (8 cm) with females closer to around 4 - 5 inches (10 - 12 cm).
5. Tetra Fish - A tetra is one of several species of small freshwater fish from Africa, Central America, and South America.
Tetra Fish belongs to the biological family Characidae and among them a widely famous fish is the neon Tetra.
Unlike Betta fish they are very social and usually love to hang around in large schools if they are in the wild.
6. Black Ghost Fish - The member of the Apteronotidae family and the speckled knifefish group. It is considered a true bony fish.
Unusual freshwater aquarium fish that originates from South America near the Amazonian Basin.
In the wild Black Ghosts Knifes are nocturnal and reside in tropical silty and sandy creeks, rarely seen by humans.
7. Oscar Fish - The Oscar is a large, boldly colored South American cichlid characterized by its unique personality and striking intelligence.
Oscars are by no means a small fish, and some can reach a staggering 18 inches in a home aquarium.
Oscar cichlid grows very fast and for right growth it needs a tank of 100 gallons capacity.
8. Platy Fish - The common platy, also known as the southern platyfish or mickey mouse platy is a small, popular live-bearing fish.
Platies are laterally compressed fish, stocky with relatively compact fins and a fan-shaped tail, with the exception of varieties bred for larger fins.
The fish is good both for beginners and professionals. Everyone can find among them interesting species to keep.
9. Lemon Fish - The Electric Yellow Cichlid is one of the most popular African cichlids because of the beautiful yellow coloring.
Endemic to the central western coastal region of Nkhata Bay in Lake Malawi in East Africa.
As with most cichlids, electric yellows should not be kept with freshwater community aquarium species such as Zebra Danios or Neon Tetras.
10. Comet Fish - The Comet Goldfish is also called the Comet-tail Goldfish or Pond Comet. This fish was the first variety of single-tail goldfish.
Comets with yellow, orange, red, white, and red-and-white coloration are common.
The red coloration mainly appears on the tailfin and dorsal fin, but can also appear on the pelvic fin.
Copyright issue? Send us a message and we'll get it resolved.
☎ CONTACT US: firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Our purpose, when making COMPILATIONS, is NOT to steal other people's videos, but to share those in quality compilation with other people. If any owner of clips, used in our compilation, has a copyright issue, feel free to contact us by Email and add title [COPYRIGHT ISSUE]. We will remove the clip, video or come to an agreement.
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0: https://goo.gl/Zp4xwf